Short-billed pigeon of Poland
niemiecka - Polish Szek Bottlenose Dolphin, francuski - Tumbling Polish Szek, English - Polish Szek-Tumbler,
This breed was bred in the second half of the 19th century by breeders from south-eastern Poland. Breeders from the Lviv region in the first half of the 20th century made a significant contribution to the improvement of this breed. Currently, it is bred all over the country. Pigeons are popularly called shekas and stallions depending on the color of the pigeons.
Fine construction, soft, compact. A small silhouette with a beautiful cube head, high forehead, short and strong beak, big, a light eye and a broad eyebrow. Proud attitude, look alive. The figure is full of flirtatiousness, he should tread on his fingertips in affection.
Template: features of racialism.
|Head:||Poorly muscled with ankle shape, wide, high, a steeply sloping forehead, spicy enough, convex eyeballs and a visible depression of the parietal. The skeletal system of the skull is characterized by three distinct protrusions (tumors), which should be placed as wide as possible, located equidistant from each other and at the same height. All color varieties are smooth-headed.|
|Eyes:||Large, convex, porcelain - white iris.|
|Brew:||Wide, three-row, soft, miniature, well-fitting, equal rings encircling the eye, depending on the color of the plumage – flesh to dark gray color - the darker the better.|
|Beak:||Wide at the base, inserted horizontally ( the forehead slit line is perpendicular to the forehead), short, wedge-shaped, blunt ended. Jaws evenly developed, well compact. The color of the beak depends on the color of the plumage:
– Jednobarwny czarny i szek ciemny koloru czarnego – dziób jest czarny.
– Dark butterfly, butterfly, szymel and staluch - the color of the beak ranges from dark horn to gray - black.
Monochrome ( Red, yellow, coffee and white), dark glass ( Red, yellow , coffee), dark butterfly (yellow, red and coffee) the beak is light flesh-colored.
Fine waxes, delicate, well-fitting, white powdered
|Neck:||The average length, wide at the base, tapering harmoniously towards the top, with a nicely rounded dewlap, carried straight.|
|Breast:||Moderately wide, rounded, slightly extended and slightly raised.|
|Back:||Short, moderately broad in the shoulders, with a slightly sloping line.|
|Wings:||Close to the body, elbows slightly extended, the ends of the ailerons do not reach the end of the tail, the ailerons rest on the tail.|
|Tail:||Compact, short st 12 wheelhouses, sloping slightly obliquely and flush with the back line, does not touch the ground.|
|The legs:||Fine construction, medium low, thighs partially hidden in the feathers of the lower abdomen, the color of the claws is in line with the color of the beak, unfledged jumps, Red. The pigeon steps on tiptoe in a parade posture.|
|Plumage:||Quite rare, well-fitting.|
Kinds of colors:
White, black, Red, coffee, blue with stripes, yellow, szymel ( mosaic white-gray-gray).
Color and drawing:
- Butterfly shackle: the basic color of the plumage is white. On the head and partially on the chest there are small colored feathers with a metallic gray sheen, the edges of the ailerons are gray - black, a gray and black ribbon runs across the tail.
- Dark butterfly: all the ailerons of I-go, Second row and their covers, the so-called. The "third row" and the tail should be black, red, yellow or coffee. Wing shields, breast, abdomen, back, neck, the head is mottled, with a predominance of white on the lower abdomen and the front part of the wing discs. The colors should be pure, intense and show a good shine.
- Dark shake: black colour, Red, yellow and coffee. The plumage of the head and neck is varied by fine flecks, white feathers. The base color should be uniform and intense.
- Szymel: the color of the mottled gray - gray - white occurs all over the plumage, including the covers of the wings, with two not very distinct stripes. A dark ribbon runs across the tail. Neck, breast, the tail and feathers are darker than the rest of the plumage. There is a metallic sheen on the neck and chest.
- One color: black, Red, yellow, coffee and white with a white bow. The color should be uniform and intense. The feathers on the neck and chest have a metallic sheen.
- Staluch: blue color, as bright as possible, clean ( luminous blue). Head, neck, part of the breast should be slightly darker with a metallic greenish sheen. Intensive double stripes on the wings, black, narrow, equal, running across the leaf cover, a distinct black band on the tail.
Narrow, low, obliquely drooping forehead, filled and enhanced crown, poorly developed occipital tumor. Eye "cut", large pupil, iris of a color other than white - porcelain. Narrow, eyebrow inconsistent with the pigeon's color. Crooked beak, obtuse, slim, long, pointed. Long, thin or thick neck. Sunken breast, drooping wings, white ailerons and rectrices ( except for plain white with a white beak), no intense color and gloss. Long construction of the figure, high legs, feathered jumps and toes. Crooked tail, obtuse. Nails do not match the color of the beak. The drawing and color do not match the pattern.
Comments for the evaluation:
Head shape - beak, its shape and insertion - the eye (color and convexity) - eyebrow and its color - figure structure - neck - posture - drawing - general appearance.
Group IX Volatile
Wedding ring number 6,5